Saturday, February 12, 2011

Torn Between Two Lovers

It has always been difficult for me to work on more than one project at a time.  Dubhghall as been nattering at me to start Volume III of TALES OF THE DEARG-SIDHE:  THE PALE MARE"S FOSTERLING, which is due out June of next year.  I am about two pages into it. And then there's this detective novel which has been in the back of my mind for about fifteen years, featuring P. C. MacGregor (the P. C. stands for Phillip Culloden) and his partner Nancy Higashida.

Somewhere around chapter four in this one Dubhghall was adamant he be heard, spewed forth eloquently, and totally distracted me from my original intentions of finally bringing the detective novel to life.  My publisher loves it, I love it, but Dubhghall can be...most persuasive.  How do I tell poor P. C. MacGregor he will have to wait...again...to have his story (hopefully the first of many) told?  Poor dear, he has been so patient with me, and Nancy (that's Nancy Higashida, his partner, not Nancy O'Connor, his High Priestess), well Nancy Higashida is a Buddhist and a very patient person.  MacGregor, on the other hand, is not, especially when a murder has been committed and he is in the midst of an investigation.

Perhaps over Presidents' Weekend, as I sit at a book signing table at PantheaCon at the Doubletree Hotel in San Jose, I will be able to plunk away on my new laptop computer and give MacGregor the attention I have not been able to give him this week at home.

But then, what if Dubhghall finds out?

No comments:

Post a Comment